These past few weeks have been CRAZY!!! Three weeks ago we were in Utah, the week after that I went to Silverwood for the weekend, and then this past weekend we went camping. I'm almost relieved to get back to school for a "break" :)
But on Tuesday the 24th I go some exciting news- I've been selected as one of this years Red Shirts!
For those of you who don't know, the Drum Majors are the people who lead the marching band, and the Red Shirts are the Drum Major's assistants. So in April, I auditioned to be one of this year's red shirts. The audition includes marching a block around the field, teaching a marching skill, and interview, and leading 4 minutes of music. I was super nervous, even though I knew that I had prepared as much as I could. But the day came and passed, and I thought that I did fine.
Our band director, Mr. Russell, told us that we could find out, but not tell anyone, or wait a few weeks until the final concert. I opted to not find out, because it's really hard for me to keep something like that a secret. It felt like forever, but finally the concert came, and I found out that I had been chosen! Sure, that'll be a lot more responsibility and commitment, but it's totally worth it! I cannot wait for this year's band season!
No comments:
Post a Comment