In case you people haven't noticed before, I'm Zen Master at procrastination. It's a gift. But I decided that I should probably post about Boston someday, so here we are! Enjoy the lovely, and sometimes generic, pictures. Bear with me; everone has to get pictures with statues and what-not. ;)
We had 2 hours at the airport with nothing to do... This is what became of it :) There are more, but I have a feeling Brinn didn't want them posted!
On the Freedom Trail! This fun little brick line goes through all of Boston's most historic and memorable sites, you just follow it and it leads you everywhere!
The State House, right on Beacon Hill. The gold panelling was done by Paul Revere's company or something to that effect...
Here lies Paul Revere!
This graveyard reminded me of A Christmas Carol.
Benjiman Franklin!!! He's my favorite! :)
The old cobblestones where the Boston Massacre took place. Contrary to the way the name sounds, only about 5 people died in this "massacre".
Posing with Samuel Adams.
My new Boyfriend!
OH NO!!!! HE'S CHEATING ON ME!!! >:O
On board Old Ironsides! I'm not sure, but I don't think this is an original life tube...
Inside the USS Constitution Museum, there was a children's section that was actually pretty cool. This is Riss and Brinn in the hammocks.
I'm winning! This awesome chess set is something I would totally want in my dream house.
This was the Shot Heard Round the World reenactment. These are the "British" soldiers! Notice I got the drummer boys in the picture ... ;)
Here come the Revolutionaries! (Remember, they weren't "American" yet.)
This mess is where Brinn and I set up shop. We cleaned it right after I took this picture, honest. Sadly, this is a reflection of my room at it's worst....
This is the beautiful Mount Auburn cemetery. A few of the people buried here include Oliver Wendel Holmes, Asa Gray, and Dorothea Dix.
This creepy guy was in a family tomb...
If you come to the cemetery early enough, you can climb the tower and look out over the whole cemetery, and across the river to Boston.
Looking across the river to Boston :)Brinn doesn't like this picture, but I love it!
This picture was taken at around 4 o'clock in the morning. It was SO COLD!!! So we took hot chocolate and tons of blankets and scarves and hats and socks.
One of the cool things about getting up early for this reenactment was watching the sun come up. They like to do the reenactments around the same time that it took place, and this event happened to take place at 5:30 AM. The green was about an hour away from where Riss lived, so we had to get up even earlier. Plus we wanted good seating. :)
Here come the Redcoats! HIDE THE CHILDREN!!!!
I absolutly love this picture! You can see the fire coming out of the men's rifles; the reenactors use the same style and build of weapon that was used at the time of the actual battles.
Look at the far left- a dead Redcoat!
DRUMMER BOYS!!! :D
Still the same day, but a 4 hour nap later. :) This is the end of the boston marathon! You wouldn't believe the weird things people would wear while they were running...
Wonderland!!!! I LOVE Alice in Wonderland (mostly because of the Mad Hatter ;) and so when we saw there was a subway stop called Wonderland, we had to go and take pictures!
At the beautiful beach! Lucky for us, it was sunny when we decided to come here!
Riss and Brinnley chasing seagulls
I told you guys- I have baby hands!
In the Public Gardens!
TULIPS! The flowers here were absolutly stunning! I've considered moving to Boston during the springtime just for the amazing blossoms they get here!
Mr. George Washington. He's supposed to have a saber in his right hand, but people keep stealing the blade, seeing as it slips right out!
The sky was also super lovely this day :D
Once I got on the famous Swan Boats, I couldn't stop snapping pictures. Look at how green everything is! It's so unlike here, where everything this green is either fake or an indoor plant.

Still on the Swan Boats.

Brinn on the Boats
After walking down the street for a while, we went into an uber good ice cream store, and they had this awesome teacup you could eat in! It reminded me of not too long ago in Disneyland...
We were supposed to go home on the 19th, but our plane had some technical difficulties... So we stayed another day and went shopping, just me and Brinn, in Harvard Square! Harvard is a beautiful place with awesome little shops surrounding it. Oliver Wendel Holmes was also born on campus...There are so many more things I could post and run on and on about, but I wouldn't want to bore you, and my poor dino of a computer might have a seziure.
Peace out,
Lindsey
Lindsey you absolutley crack me up!! I especially love the part about the tree... :)
ReplyDeleteI try... ;)
ReplyDeleteDo you have Christina's email? I want her to get to see it too. She is in it, after all!
Love it, Linds! I'll tramp around Boston with you any time. :) Did Brinn tell you that, since we moved to Utah the week before our wedding, Sean and I spent our honeymoon in my favorite place--good old Boston?
ReplyDeleteThat's even better than Canada! :)
ReplyDelete